Honey Pecan Pie
I love pecan pie. I mean LOVE. I love it made with molasses or sorghum, even when it’s made with corn syrup. As long as it has lots of pecans, I’m going to love it. What I love about this recipe, is the combination of orange blossom and buckwheat honey give it that great sweetness and earthiness much like molasses or sorghum.
- ¼ Cup melted butter
- ¾ cup Bee Raw Orange Blossom Honey Shop Now
- ¾ cup Bee Raw Buckwheat Honey Shop Now
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 heaping cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup pecan halves
- 1 single pie crust - bushed with egg wash and par baked.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine melted butter, honey, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in the lightly beaten eggs and combine well. Stir in chopped pecans. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Cover the edges of the crust with pie crust shields or a strip of aluminum foil. Arrange pecan halves on the surface of the pie. Bake at 325°F for 30-40 minutes until set. Cool completely before serving and serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.